Saturday, June 5, 2010

live machine


Mark Seliger's photo from an American Songwriter interview with Welch & Rawlings.

I don’t get out to see too many concerts, but this week I caught Sam Quinn playing a (mostly) solo acoustic set and tonight I’m hitting the town with friends to see the Dave Rawlings Machine. Since hometown pal John placed Rawlings’ Friend of a Friend album in front of me I’ve basically been delirious about it. Just listen to this infectious “Sweet Tooth” with Old Crow Medicine Show, Gillian Welch, and Benmont Tench, and you can tell why. Like many of Michael Hurley’s best songs, "Sweet Tooth" takes a break from stale old Reason to open us back up to poetic, earthly delight -- and just having a good time while we float around on this rock. Count me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment