Sunday, June 27, 2010

somehow

Vermont milk cows looking at me like the fool I am.

Somehow this bluebird contraption has made it past the one year mark. So I figured I’d celebrate with a six-pack: Waylon’s on the road again, Gene Clark is a genius again, the early Byrds hit the road for Boston, George cries in his booze again, as does Commander Cody, and James Talley casts those daily grind troubles aside and takes the wife out to raise a little hell. And while I'm celebrating, I want to thank Odie, Brendan, and Mike for helping me get and keep this thing rolling. And, folks, do yourself a solid and check out the links over on the right. If you aren’t regularly going to The Rising Storm, The Adios Lounge, Groover’s, or the other sites listed, then you are depriving the brain cells of vital musical oxygen. And speaking of oxygen, it's time to crack a cold one and listen to Waylon and the boys.

Waylon Jennings - Laid Back Country Picker
Gene Clark and the Gosdin Brothers - Is Yours Is Mine
The Byrds - Boston
George Jones - Why Baby Why
Commander Cody - Wine Do Yer Stuff
James Talley - You Can’t Ever Tell

No comments:

Post a Comment